Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Vacation and post-vacation musings


  • Simply feeling the wind on the face and allowing the wind to carry you in its direction ...Bliss!!
  • Burying your face in amma's neck and her fragrance makes you forget all your worries, even if its brief..
  • A very recently acquainted stranger handing you a string of "madurai malli poo " , in its bud form, strung closely only when you were thinking of stopping by the flower vendor and buying a string..Ah..such simple joys :)
  • Maid whom you thought is not going to return for work comes back with a big box of assorted sweets that you like, gundu malli freshly plucked from her garden and says she remembered me asking for some sweet in the brief time that she stayed with us..
  • Getting the list of things to buy and do from Amma and exploring the tiny streets of the town you grew up in without a care for time.
  • Devouring food prepared by Amma day in and out and actually getting a feeling as if the digestive system and the stomach are posing a huge wide smile.:)
  • Spotting half-saree clad girls in TVS-50 and reminiscing the days I drove the TVS -50 and realizing what a great mistake it was when I adamantly refused to wear half-saree..
  • Asking for a re-cap of the events that happened in the mega-serial from Amma and sister from the last time you watched it..and passing random comments about the characters in the soap.
  • A long drive with Appa with both of us enjoying Ilayaraja's music 
  • Travelling by the local "mini-bus" listening to  Ilayaraja's songs blaring at full volume
  • Bumping into a school classmate after a decade or so and being comfortable in my skin
  • Not missing the husband for the most part of the time while I was away and thereby allowing him to work and be at peace without my pestering even if it is for a short-while
I went to my parents place after 6 months(this is a huge gap for me between visits, for even wen I was at hostel, I used to visit once in every 4.5 months) and I'm back now and feeling very home-sick..In my case, I only feel that even though the number of years that I have flown the nest only increases year after year, the home-sickness after I return does not seem to reduce each time (: Not sure if I'm weird this way ..As a result, I have a gloomy face and mind which puts off S. Need to work on this part ..


1 comment:

  1. Hmm...sounds so comforting.
    Lovely post. Leaves me wistful for mine.

    ReplyDelete