Saturday, June 23, 2012

A quick catch up

of whats happening on the swimming front..
This course is a 8 day beginner course (only weekends) and supposed to complete these 8 day class within a month of joining.
Day 5: I'm going to this class after a break of 2 weeks.Rehearsed whatever was taught starting from walking a few times across the pool ..I start with swimming until the mid-pool and then, able to reach the other end after a few trials..So now, I make 2 more new friends and with their tips and feedback, I'm able to progress this time. As time went by, the pool started getting more congested with more men trying to occupy space that was previously occupied by us, women..So, clashes happen here and there, but men are not ready to move out or rather wait or heck, even utter a sorry..They think its their right to swim and it is us women who have be mindful.Disgusting behavior! Anyways, thankfully, time was ticking away and it was nearing the end of the one-hour slot and it was time to leave for the day. felt a little satisfied with my performance that day .(Little did I know what was awaiting the next day!!)

Day 6: The two friends of the previous day were not to be seen. Though my husband  S suggested  that we go for the early morning slot,  my laziness overpowered me and as a result, had to go in for the batch which had the maximum number of people enrolled. So, the practice started, the trainer was no-where to be seen..She was busy teaching the new-comers and just asked me to move to the deeper side of the pool and keep practicing..While she asked me go over to the other end , I did a good drama of first going there , only to return back to where the new-joinees and kids were learning..This created quite a scene, where the trainer referred me to be a senior while I claimed that I'm not a senior ye since I'm still not comfortable navigating from one end to another..
Amongst this drama, I still practices, only to cross the pol diagonally,.If I cross the pool in a straight line once and got a kudos for that, the next 10 times I would only swim in a criss -crossed direction..

After the class, when S asked me why I wasnt ready to simply obey the instructor when she asked me to go to the other end, I simply didnt have any other answer except claiming that I was scared.But S remarked that its because I've become stubborn and the un-willingness to learn, respect the instructor and abide by what she says has started creeping in!! I had to think about that and also figure out mentally how I would swim straight  before I come in for the last 2 classes of this course..
So, some work needs to be done on the weekdays ..

Want to record here how one small kiddoo gave me tips about how to place hands while swimming..The kid named Adityan remarked that I was keeping my hands inside the water and suggested that I place the hands on the water and even went about showing me how it needs to be done. Thank you, Adityan!

No comments:

Post a Comment