Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Welcome 2013

Welcome 2013
 Wish everyone a Very happy and a Prosperous New year! May this new year bring in good health, peace, happiness and prosperity to one and all. Last year was a mixed bag for me, with work occupying the center position and I was testing myself how far I could get on with it..
There were definitely times when I thought it was getting beyond what I could endure, but somehow I did stick on.Thank heavens for that. Having worked in an organization earlier for more than half a decade whcih had pressure only during couple of months in a year and the rest of the time was slow paced and relaxed ,I found this place where everyday was like a milestone day  and being responsible for both mine and my team members' results were quite challenging and kept my brain and mind occupied..I've got used to this schedule where I  have hands-full, when the work -load is comparatively lesser ,I find it hard to slow down and just be in a blank-state , at least for a small duration

 2012 also saw me trying to begin to accepting things as they come by, trying to endure difficult circumstances, trying to accept the fact there are certain things (rather many things) beyond human control and trying to be more-thankful for all that is given to me. However, I still have a long way to go in endurance, perseverance, to let-go, to accept things as they come in, to believe strongly that all that happens  is for a reason..But, I started and attempted a bit of all of these in various situations to calm myself down.

 I also need to definitely mention here regarding one another thing that I started doing differently in 2012..ie, cooking..Yes, I just cant believe myself hat I'm typing this ..I've never entered the kitchen for cooking, untill I got married..Yes, most of the times, it turned out literally too..I used to stand in the entrance of the kitchen and gossip/talk to mom..My mom in turn has never allowed me into the kitchen too..I would handle more of the buying veggies/groceries stuff, cleaning home rather
than being a helping hand in the kitchen..After marriage, I learnt cooking, mostly by observation from what my mil does..There have been only few instances when  I've asked for tips/instructions for cooking..Most of it, I learnt through observation..I do read a lot of blogs, but have never paid attention to food-blogs.. But, in 2012, especially, the later part of 2012 saw me getting interest in cooking , and I tried making different dishes atleast on weekends, instead of the usual sambhar-rasam which I generally do. Many Thanks to GB for posting yummy, delicious, recipes on her blog..

 I tried to learn swimming in 2012, though I'm not a pro at it now, I did push myself to try out something different , which I've wanted to for long, and I'm happy that I started it..I would like to get more practice in swimming this year..Lets see how it goes..

 Dad's shashtiapthapoorthi was celebrated in 2012 and I got a first hand experience in organising a function along with my sister, with huge help from mom,dad and sis..starting for planning on the invites, whom to invite, the inviting, choosing a caterer, the menu, the vaathiyaar (saastrigal), budget, the venue location,arranging accomodation,return gifts , having long-distance communication and co-ordination etc gave me a good experience in what it takes to organise a function and felt more responsible too..Though sis is a good 9 years younger to me , she is excellent in planning, thinking level-headedly and implementing..Kala Tika. Appu, may you grow to be an awesome woman and inspire everyone with your good actions, words and deeds..

 Amma had hysterectomy done in March 2012. I was shown her test results well 6 months later after the tests were taken..It was a tough 2 months for us, when we had to take a second opinion,
decicing what is good for her, convincing Amma on the surgery , getting her admitted, getting the surgery done and her recovery ..It was during her recover phase that my grand mom (Amma's amma)expired and this upset Amma very much..We used to call Grand mom as Tambaram Paati and her thoughts still continue to come to me even after many months of her passing away.I owe a post on her for a long time now..Hope I get to do it before her first anniversary.

 Dad fell from ladder and had a fracture , which upset all of us. Due to the fracture, Dad was asked to restrict his movement,  he had to be rested on bed except for moving whe its necessary.
Now, I dont remember seeing my dad being rested at all, I think it was all because of the drishti ..Anyways, he had his much needed break from work in this way and it wrenched my heart to see
him having limited movements..That too, with power cuts in Tamilnadu, the first two days when I went to see him before Diwali, we simply didnt have power overnight and the inverters turned out useless,as there was no power available to even charge them and all of us struggled to sleep two to three days in a row..We all somehow managed by moving here and there, but Dad because of his
limited mobility, couldnt have that luxury too..We all took it in our stride and managed those two months..And now Dad is back to kinda normal..ie, he has resumed his regular activities, with caution though. Thank you God for helping us sail through such circumstances.

 And I turned 30 in 2012.Yes, it happened..All these years, I was wishing and hoping that I become a mother by the time I turn 30..I'm hoping that it happens very soon..:)



2 comments:

  1. May 2013 be as you want - healthy and happy :)

    -Visha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear...Wish you a great year too !

      Delete