Saturday, November 30, 2013

Yay!! My first blog award!!

Thanks a ton, Tharani !! Tharani of  Roller Coaster Ride fame  fame gave me the first award in the blog world! :) . I'm all glee. And sorry , sorry for being so late (: in receiving and acknowledging  the first award..

Without much ado, let me take the award and do the tag .

award

The rules are:

Rule 1: Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
           Linked above in my Thank you note :)
Rule 2: Answer 10 questions given to you by the nominator

Q 1)  What does your name mean?
           I have two names, one is the name of a Goddess and the meaning of other name is "beautiful, elegant" (ahem, ahem).

Q 2) What are your hobbies?
            Hobbies vary from time to time. Last few years, it has been books, very recently, some dabbling with painting, prior to that, was hooked to music.

Q 3) According to you, what was the driving force that let you into the blogging world?
           My husband , S introduced me to the blog world,he himself had a blog where he religiously wrote about cricket and some more cricket and economics and some general stuff. During my miscarriages, I've been hooked to mommy-blogs and in an attempt to jot down all the rambling that goes in my mind, I started various blogs, deleted them in due course and finally trying to stick on here. In short, driving force is : I like the idea of having an online journal to vent, to record whats happening in my life and what goes on in my mind.

Q 4) What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured?
            Most recent one(y'day) was that one of my team members said he felt good being in my company. I felt glad hearing this .

Q 5) What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
             Honesty, sense of humor, and being simple without showing any airs.

Q 6) If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
             Indecisiveness!! Ahhh.A few years back, I would have said , temper. Not that I have become all that patient and saadhu-sant types, but life has thrown me many a lemony situations and I've tried to be patient and hope to get better at it..But this one, the indecisiveness, I need to start doing something about it.

Q 7)  What was the best news you ever received?
            Quite some , like when I topped the class/school/district in 10th/12th, on seeing two pink lines (though the news was a happy one only for a short duration, the first time I saw, it was indeed the best news) in the preg test card, when sis got through the B-school etc. But, at this point, I would say, still waiting for the bestest news :)

Q 8) If you could hold on to just one memory from your life forever, what would that be?
             Again, quite a few, cant pin-point on one (: . But one memory that is probably in the top few is : When my rakhi brother (We were colleagues turned friends turned brother-sister)  said to a U.S colleague that he and I have two mothers. That particular incident, the way he casually and instantly  made this statement simply touched me.

Q 9) What’s your favorite dessert?
             I have a sweet-tooth and hence will name a few: The most favorite changes from season-to-season. The current one is Chocolate Burfi from Krishna sweets . Otherwise, it is  Jangiri  (from Sumathy Sweets), Carrot Halwa, Fig-o-Honey Icecream from Corner House, Amritsar Ki Pinni (from Anand Sweets) .

Q 10) What are the top three things on your bucket list?
           - To wake up early and go for a walk,if not everyday, atleast 5 days a week.
           - Train my mind to be optimistic always,try to see the glass as half-full
           - Learn a foreign language

Rule 3: Nominate up to 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
            I pass on this award to :
            Sri ,
            Visha and
            Kismi
All of them are great bloggers and words simply flow from them wonderfully.

Rule 4: Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
    I give them all the freedom to add more questions to the above list :) :)

Rule 5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
     Going to their blog now to inform them.

Thank you again Tharani :) 

1 comment: