Saturday, April 13, 2013

Bojanam

Here are some more of my experiences/reviews after dining at these restaurants:

Cream Centre: We went a little late on a weekday, say around 8:45PM and was startled to find that only one another table was occupied and the waiters didnt seem to bother our entry. Ordered Bambay Ragada Pattice , Enchilada and a Veg sizzler. very very average in taste and presentation. You wouldnt believe if I say that the sizzler had nothing but cabbage and few beans and carrots strewn here and there.. The cabbage simply looked like no one cared to cut it into pieces..Imagine a bed of samba rice mixed with cabbage and some beans and carrots and soya sauce poured on top..This is Veg Sizzler at this place. Literally wanted to run away after paying the bill. Vowed NEVER to return to this place..Service was extremely poor..I kept on asking for a paper napkin only to be told that they would get back with it soon..The Ragada Pattice is nothing but a potato cutlet..Simply not at all worth the time and money spent there.

Queens Dhaba : This is a little shacky kind of a place situated in Church Street (the road perpendicular to Brigade Road). I dined at this place recently after a very long time..This place was introduced to me in the early days of my Bangalore stay by one of my Best friends..The quality of food has come down a little, but nevertheless, it doesnt fail to attract a huge crowd..On a late weekend evening, there was quite a long queue waiting to be seated.It brought back memories of carefree days of coming to this place with friends , and then, coming again for lunch with office friends/colleagues.Prices have also gone up (but when compared to the price list of other places which serve only moderate quality food, this is still ok). Overall, a good experience, simple authentic north indian food ..Good service.

South Indies Street Food Fest: We had been to South Indies during one of the days for dinner when the Street Food Festival was going on..Was disappointed by the varieties that were present as a part of Street Food Fest..I dont know when Carrot juice became street food. And the street food menu consisted of :carrot juice, a very low quality kulfi, appam (no coconut milk, only saagu), peanuts, dosai,kothu parota, an assortment of bajji, bonda and pakoda. I may be naive or wrong, but tell me,are there no other  varieties of street food in the 4 states of the South? The set buffet menu was a regular fare, with an average rating..

 Peacock : This is the restaurnat which is located above the Cream and Crust in the 100ft Road of Indiranagar. Untill I visited this place,I was under the impression (whenever I looked at the name plate) that it was a furnishing house..We dined there for a Saturday buffet lunch and the spread was decent..Regular buffet spread and quality of food was also decent, neither too great nor too low..Can visit once in a while.

Sahib Sindh Sultan:  We went to this place to have dinner with a colleague of S who is on an India visit. Since this guest stays closer to Forum, we decided on this place. I have been to this place on team lunch a few years ago and didnt exactly remember whether I liked the food there or not. I was surprised to find that this restaurant has to offer only plain lassi , no flavored lassi, only plain tandoori roti, no phulka or kulcha, only plain papad and no masala-papad.. Food was very much below average..Roti was hard and cold..The mushroom-methi gravy was tasteless, the black dhal was sour. No flavor or richness in any dish..But the place was teeming with people and price exorbitantly high..Would you imagine 4 drinks (3 lassi and one mocktail) costing a 1000 bucks? If the food tasted good, you could add it to the category of restaurants catering to foreigners..But,  inspite of many foreigners whom I could spot while I was there, simply doesn't deserve to be shelling pur hard-earned money there..Anyway, I wouldnt go back there again..


8 comments:

  1. I remember Sahib Sindh Sultan in hyderabad. There it used to be good, but pricey yes!!
    But you enjoyed your weekends!! Sounds fun..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah..quite pricey this SSS place.I heard that this place needs reservation 2 days in advance and they get filled so soon..

      Delete
  2. I have not been to other places.. but SSS, definitely yes! It was my first team lunch there and I didnt enjoy it one bit. First I was very new to the software industry, eating with managers didnt seem so good then and second the food wasnt good at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same pinch here too..This was our first team lunch when a new manager was appointed for our team :-)

      Delete
  3. Cool theme Ramya :D I came back to check for new posts.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post, and you should do this post more often for the benefit of people like me who is constantly looking for new places to feed-the-family. Cream Centre is my favourite too. You should also try Tuscana (down the same road as CC) and Crimson Chakra in Gandhi Nagar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "people like me who are" not "who is". Sorry.

      Delete
    2. Welcome LG :) The reviews of these restaurants are for the ones located in Bangalore. Yes, I visited Tuscano recently here and loved the food there ..Another batch of reviews coming up..

      Delete